Droplr, a popular sharing service for teams, is seeking an API Ninja to integrate our service with other popular platforms. If you’re a programmer interested in joining a small, exciting startup with venture capital backing and a bright future; if you’re an engineer who loves mashing up services, hacking apis, building pretty interfaces, and wants to join a team where you can have a huge impact this role is perfect for you.
You’ll be joining a team of talented, creative engineers where you’ll play a critical role in building integrations with platforms like HipChat, Slack and more. This is a great opportunity to be an early key hire for a funded, growing company and build elegant, best-of-breed software that will be used by some of the biggest brands in the world. This is a full-time role based in Auburn, California with occasional travel to Bend or Portland Oregon for team meetups.
Key responsibilities include:
- Integrate our service with key third party platforms
- Make suggestions to improve and extend our own API
- Come up with creative solutions on how to integrate our service with 3rd party APIs
- Test our existing integrations to make sure that they are stable
- Work closely with the CTO to make recommendations for new integrations.
- Work with our Director of Engineering to establish a build, test, and release cycle for new integrations.
- Translate interface mockups and wireframes into functioning interfaces.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Years of experience building solutions that use REST APIs.
- A creative imagination on how services can make each other better using APIs.
- Experience with integrating front end code with back end API’s using languages like Ruby, Node.js, PHP or an equivalent.
- Familiarity with Github workflows: I.E. branching, pull requests, code reviews, etc.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Passionate about building best-of-breed software.
Founded in 2013, Droplr helps small teams to large enterprises quickly share what their working on. To learn more visit https://droplr.com
To apply for this position, or to recommend a friend, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Droplr Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate due to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, veteran status, or disability status.