The Droplr Windows client includes a handy Outlook Add-In that lets you automatically transform your attachments into drops. Using a drop link instead of a traditional attachment has a few important advantages.
- View statistics. With any drop you can monitor how many people have viewed your drop.
- Send large files with ease. Most email systems have a limit of a few MB for attachments. But what if you want to send things like CAD drawings, movies, presentations and other large files? Attachments won’t be able to do the job but the Droplr cloud is there to help.
- Delete files after you have sent them. Drops can always be managed using our desktop clients and our web interface.
With all of the good things a drop can provide over an attachment, there are still times where a traditional attachment is still preferred. Luckily in version 3.1 and on, there is a setting you can use to control how exactly attachments are handled. The three options for attachments are:
- Always upload attachments to Droplr
- Ask me what to do each time
- Never upload attachments to Droplr
To get to these options you need to go into the Add-on settings for your version of Droplr. The instructions and video below use the Office 365 version of outlook, but the steps are similar with other version of Outlook.
- Open Outlook
- Open the “File” Menu
- Select “Options”
- On the left hand side choose “Add-Ins”
- Select the “Droplr Outlook Addin” item from the list of Add-Ins
- Click the “Add-In Options” button
- In the window that pops up, select your attachment behavior.
- After you are done click the Apply button and your settings will be saved.
Here is a video that shows the process: