Droplr, a popular sharing service for teams, is seeking a Backend Engineer to help build a brand new stack for team communication. If you’re an ambitious engineer, interested in joining a small, exciting startup with venture capital backing and a bright future; if you’re a programmer who cares about building scalable code, pays attention to detail, and wants to join a team where you can have a huge impact this role is perfect for you.
You’ll be joining a team of talented, creative engineers where you’ll play a critical role in building out the backend behind the next version of our product. This is a great opportunity to be an early key hire for a funded, growing company and build elegant, best-of-breed software that will be used by some of the biggest brands in the world. This is a full-time role based in Auburn, California with occasional travel to Bend or Portland Oregon for team meetups.
Key responsibilities include:
- Write and maintain Node.js microservices that can scale to handle large amounts of data.
- Establish development best practices, and coding standards, and review pull requests to make sure those standards are followed. Make sure that Droplr is always and everywhere following best practices as they emerge and evolve.
- Work closely with the CTO to make technical recommendations for new projects and services.
- Establish a simple test, build, and deploy workflow for new services. Dev ops stuff.
- Help plan and define roadmap, vet technical requirements, and make architecture suggestions.
- Oversee projects from planning to launch.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Years of experience building scalable web apps with an emphasis on middleware or backend coding.
- Experience with Node.js
- Familiarity and experience with AWS. Bonus if experience includes Lambda.
- An obsession over best practices and standards.
- Experience with Mongodb & Redis. Familiarity with ElasticSearch is a bonus.
- Familiarity with Github workflows: I.E. branching, pull requests, code reviews, etc.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Passionate about building best-of-breed software.
Founded in 2013, Droplr helps small teams to large enterprises quickly share what their working on. To learn more visit https://droplr.com
To apply for this position, or to recommend a friend, please email email@example.com.
Droplr Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate due to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, veteran status, or disability status.