If you need to record your screen, then an online screen recorder is the tool for you. With a good screen recording app, you can create sales videos, customer service tutorials, how-to’s, and personal videos.
However, there are many options available for the best online screen recorder. Various screen recorder websites include different exciting features such as video editing, live streaming, and cloud storage. But what is the best online screen recorder?
In this article, we will first cover what is an online screen recorder. Then, we will list the 10 best online video recorder apps. Finally, we will go over the basics of how to record your screen for anyone that needs additional help with their online screen recorder.
What is an Online Screen Recorder?
An online screen recorder lets you take a video of your internet browser screen. With an online screen recorder, you don’t have to download software in order to record your screen. You can instead install a browser extension or access the recorder directly from a website. Online screen recorders work on any device that can access the internet, such as your desktop, laptop, iPad, or mobile phone.
Online screen recorders may come with the option to record audio or include your webcam. Some online video recorders also come with video editing features and effects. For all of them, you can save your video once you’re done recording and then share it with others.
10 Best Online Screen Recorders
This list of the best online screen recorders includes extensions for Chrome, Firefox, and Edge as well as website screen recorders. It includes free online screen recorder options and paid options. Some online video recorders will require you to make an account before using it, while others let you use it right away! Regardless of what you’re looking for in an online desktop recorder, you will know the best screen recorder app for you by the end of this article.
Droplr is a professional screenshot and screen recording app with cloud storage and sharing.
- Droplr is available as an extension for Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge.
- Droplr’s extension comes with three options for your screen recording: full screen, one window, or one browser tab.
- You can toggle on audio and webcam and decide where your webcam appears on the screen.
- Your screen recordings are automatically saved to the cloud.
- You can share your recording by pasting its associated short link or sharing it directly to social media.
- You can trim the beginning and end from recordings.
Covideo is a screen recording and video email platform perfect for sales and marketing teams.
- Covideo offers a Chrome extension as well as add-ons for Gmail and Microsoft Outlook.
- You can record your screen with or without a webcam and/or audio.
- Covideo is the best screen recorder app that lets you embed videos directly into an email, text message, or CRM platform. Videos preview as an animated GIF.
- You can place your video on a custom-built video landing page or overlay it on your website.
- You can attach custom CTAs to your videos.
- From the Covideo library, you can add video annotations to your recordings in the form of text or links.
- You can also trim your videos and add automatically generated captions.
Screencast-O-Matic offers an online screen recorder with a wide array of video editing features.
- While Screencast-O-Matic’s best features are only found on the paid version, you can also download a free online screen recorder with facecam from the website.
- You can install the Screencast-O-Matic Chrome extension on any device with Google Chrome.
- Screencast-O-Matic can also be used as an online webcam recorder and/or online screen recorder with audio. Webcam recording comes with a green-screen filter.
- Videos can be hosted on Screencast-O-Matic, shared to Google Classroom or social media, or uploaded directly to YouTube or Vimeo.
- You can add custom CTAs to your videos.
- You can trim your recordings and add captions to them.
- Screencast-O-Matic comes with a library of music and sound effects that you can add to your videos.
- You can add rich text, shapes, arrows, and images to your videos and animate overlays and transitions.
- While recording, you can draw on your screen.
Screen App is a free online screen recorder usable on several different browsers.
- You can use Screen App’s free online recorder by going to ScreenApp.io on Chrome, Firefox, or Opera.
- ScreenApp lets you record your screen only or screen and webcam.
- You can decide whether to record audio from your microphone, browser, or system.
- ScreenApp has three recording options: full screen, application window, or browser tab.
- You can trim your videos after recording.
- You can save up to 10 videos under 15 minutes in length in your online video library.
Fluvid provides an online video recorder for Chrome with basic video editing and live streaming.
- Fluvid offers a Chrome extension.
- You can record your screen with a webcam and audio.
- After recording, you can trim and crop your videos.
- You can add CTAs as buttons, links, and files.
- You can store up to 50 videos with the free online video recorder.
- Fluvid includes the ability to live stream and post streams on Facebook, YouTube, and Twitch.
Panopto offers a secure video creation and content library geared towards businesses and universities.
- Panopto offers a free online screen recorder for everyone that you can access from any web browser.
- With Panopto screen recording, you can create multi-stream videos with webcam and audio.
- Panopto includes automatic captioning and an auto-generated table of contents for videos.
- Panopto’s video editing features include the ability to rotate video, trimming and embedded quizzes.
- The platform includes integrations with Zoom, Webex Meetings, BlueJeans, and GoToMeeting so you can record work meetings.
- You can live stream with Panopto to Facebook Live, Periscope, and YouTube.
- Panopto offers 5 hours of free video storage.
Apowersoft’s free online screen recorder lets you start recording from everywhere.
- You can record using the Apowersoft free online screen recorder at any time and from any browser. Before recording, however, you will have to install the online launcher.
- You can record either your full screen or a portion of your screen.
- Apowersoft lets you add a webcam and audio to your recordings.
- You can record for an unlimited amount of time.
- You can annotate your recording in real-time with lines, text, and highlights.
- Completed recordings can be saved to your local drive or uploaded to ReCloud.
VEED Screen Recorder provides a free online recorder with online video editing and sharing options.
- You can record directly from VEED’s website or install the Chrome extension.
- There are four options for recording: screen only, webcam only, screen and webcam, or audio only.
- You can record for an unlimited amount of time.
- You can add text and captions to your completed recordings.
- After recording, you can add overlays and cut between scenes.
- You can share your video by copying and pasting its associated link.
- Viewers of your video can leave comments online.
Clipchamp lets you create professional-looking videos by combining screen recordings, images, and audio.
- You can record your screen, webcam, and audio directly from the online Clipchamp screen recorder app on Chrome and Edge.
- Clipchamp provides ready-to-use video templates.
- You can combine your recordings with uploaded video, audio, and images to create the perfect video.
- Clipchamp includes stock video and audio that you can add to your creations.
- You can rotate and trim your videos.
- You can export created videos or back them up in the cloud.
Nimbus Capture’s extension for Chrome lets you take screenshots and screen recordings and edit and share videos.
- Nimbus Capture is available as a Chrome extension.
- You can add your webcam and audio to your recordings.
- Recordings can be annotated with shapes, text, and arrows.
- Other video editing features include a crop tool, trimming, a blur tool, and watermarks.
- Videos can be converted into GIFs.
- You can upload recordings to Nimbus Note for easy storage.
- You can directly upload recordings to Slack, Google Drive, and Dropbox or post them to YouTube.
How to Record Your Screen
Each video recorder app will have a slightly different process for how to record your computer screen. However, most software will follow a variation of these steps:
- Open your online screen recorder extension or screen recording website.
- Choose what kind of recording to take. The options may include a full-screen recording, partial screen recording, a full web page recording, or a recording of a specific application window.
- Turn on your audio, if applicable. Set your microphone source.
- Turn on your webcam, if applicable. Set your webcam source.
- Set any other options, such as video quality or a countdown.
- Click the “start recording” button to begin recording!
- Click the “stop” button once you’re finished recording.
- Make any edits that you want to your recording, then save it.
Once you’ve saved your recording to either your device or the cloud, you can share it with others over email, messenger, or any other communication app.